The ample free time I have got has led me to discover A new love – Cooking !
My mom says that I am a very good cook but I think she is bias..
Anyways, this a random amateur attempt and I hope you guys try this out, if not already done that :
(P.S : I think it is a known recipe and I did not discover this.. but it is too yummy.. so I just had to share :p)
Instant Rava Uttapam..
(Since I was hungry and I couldn’t find anything else to eat)
Ingredients (I feel like the cookery show lady- iske liye humein chahiye.. )
1 cup semolina (rava)
1 tbsp ginger (adrak) – grate it
1 cup curd (dahi)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped green chillies
Add any veggies you like….
I added grated beetroot and carrots, made it look colorful and also made it healthy 🙂
salt to taste – Namak, swadanusaar 😀
Method (Ise banane ki vidhi )
- Heat a pan and roast the rava for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the roasted semolina, ginger and curd in a bowl and mix well, adding water if required. make sure the paste is like semi-solid..
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 40-60 minutes. This will also make the paste thicker , so keep it mind 🙂
- Add the salt and mix gently. you can add little chat masala, if you like chatpata food 🙂
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, pour a ladle-full of batter and spread it in circular motion to make a thin uttappa..
- Top it with little onions, tomatoes , veggies and the chillies
- Cook from one side, using little oil, turn over and cook from the other side. Be careful.. but remember, it is not as difficult as it looks..
- Make some more
- Serve hot with coconut/chana-dal chutney.
- Enjoy ! Relish !
- Try this and let me know how it turned out :)Sorry I forgot to click a picture 😦
Hunger took over 😦
But I am adding this image from google.. It looked more or less like this ..just that mine was more colorful 🙂
P.P.S : This idea of food blog originated in my head thanks to my new pen-pal.. Midnight Shadow.. Thank you buddy 🙂